So on this internet site that I go to constantly (www.fazed.net) we are doing a book club. We each selected a book and then voted, and guess whose book won? MINE. VICTORY! So, we are reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road. I picked it up last week at the used bookstore (for only $3!) and am about 60 pages in. Super fantastic. We had a huge thunderstorm last night, and it was right above my house for like 20 minutes. My roomate and I were at the window giggling like children. It was great. The lights were flickering, and my computer shut down, so I decided that I needed to read The Road by candlelight. While drinking wine. Well, wine and ice because it was so frickin hot. I'm lame, be quiet. Anyway, while reading by candlelight in a thunderstorm (awesome), Zuma comes up and it is quite apparant that she had never seen a candle before. I didn't stop her from getting close, because that is a lesson she needs to learn first hand, and she didn't get close enough to hurt herself, but she was so cute and curious.
Today marks one week of singlehood, and while on many levels it doesn't suck nearly as much as it did last Thursday, it still just feels kind of "blah".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment