Thursday, June 11, 2009

Star Trek

I went and saw Star Trek tonight. It was awesome. Really really awesome. So awesome that I wish I had seen it sooner, and wish I had the funds to go see it 10 more times in the theatre. I went alone, and remembered how much I like seeing movies by myself. I am the type of person that likes to be fully immersed in the experience, and absolutely hates it when people talk to me during the film.
The movie made me cry a little, and laugh out loud, and jump out of my seat (then again I am quite easily startled), and root for Kirk. My only complaints about the film are these:
  • Nimoy is fucking old
  • Explosions/booms in space
  • JJ Adam's tendency to shine bright lights and do really fast cuts in action scenes. I am not quite ADD enough to like this.
  • Tattooed Romulans (then again, it alludes to the idea that these are not your run of the mill Romulans, think what would happen if Mike Tyson were the representation of humans).
I read somewhere, or heard one of my friends say, or something (I can't remember) that they hated the idea of a young crew being in charge of a ship. I completely agreed with this - until I saw the movie. They have a great explanation for everything, and I am going to marry the guy that plays Kirk. yum. Sorry, I lost my train of thought for a second.

Beneath my incoherent ramblings, I will say that this movie was fucking awesome and everyone who is lame like I was a few hours ago who hasn't seen this should go tomorrow and experience this on a big screen with surround sound. I'm sure the Hangover is just as good on a tiny tv, but Star Trek, not so much. And Leonard Nimoy is fucking old.

No comments:

Post a Comment